Wine tours give wine enthusiasts an opportunity to learn more about the production of the drink they love. It also enables them to appreciate the work that goes into the production of wine. Seeing wine being made from grapes sure does help one change their perspective on the drink. It stops being just another bottle on the shelves, but something you feel you can identify with. Wine tour road trips are also rather exciting. Not only do you get to see landscapes filled with vines, which is a rather magnificent sight, but you also get to taste the wines from their place of production. Also, more often than not, most wineries are situated next to other tourist attractions, which makes a trip there all the more desirable. Here are some of the world’s best wine tours that you should consider the next time you are on holiday:
The Best Wine Tours
- Duero River Valley – This is one of the world’s most famous wineries, which is no surprise given that it is found in Spain. Spain is a giant wine producer: it is in fact the world’s third largest wine producing country. The Duero River, or Ribera del Duero, as the natives call it, flows from Spain to Portugal. The area around the river is filled with acres upon acres of vines, and countless wineries can be found around the area. One of the most acclaimed wineries, the Vega Silica, is found in this area. The winery is famous for producing both red and white wine. If you want to learn the basics of wine production, this is the place to go to. You will also get to taste several varieties of wines. You can drive to the area, but it is much more fun to cruise through the river itself and then take a trip around the vineyards. It is guaranteed to be a thrilling and unforgettable adventure.
- Napa Valley – In the United States, California is the king state in as far as wine production is concerned. In fact, about 90% of the wine produced in the United States comes from this sunny state. It has over a staggering 2000 wineries! This is why a trip to Napa valley is warranted for the wine enthusiast. This famous winery has certainly earned its place among the best wineries in the world. There is a lot to see and learn at the place, plus you can enjoy the wine from its place of production. Additionally, there are other tourist attractions in the state, such as the Yosemite National Park. You simply can’t afford to miss the exciting trip to the Napa Valley Winery.
- Pompeii – This Italian site is better known for its archeological attractions, but it also has a lot to offer the wine lover. The area has wineries that have existed for more than 4000 years. Some of the world’s rarest grapes can be found in these vineyards. You will learn a great lesson of the history of the production of wine at this site, and you will also get to taste some of the rare kinds of wine. Afterwards, you can explore the archeological sites and increase your understanding of history further.
- Tuscany – This is yet another Italian wine, making regions that is globally famous. The region is located in Central Italy along the coast. Some of the great names in wine making call the region home, such as the popular red wine brand, Chianti. There is simply so much to do in the region- taking road trips through the vineyards, tasting the wine and learning interesting details about its production.
- Alsace – This may not be a very famous wine producing region, but it produces wine of exceptional quality all the same. Because the winemakers don’t get as many visitors, they tend to treat those who take the time to visit their wineries with great hospitality. The area has six wineries, and visitors are treated to at least twenty- six wine tastings. For wine enthusiasts, this region is a haven of peace and an abundance of wine.
If you want to go on a wine tour, you are certainly spoiled for choice. There are great wineries the world over: from Europe to the Americas and even Africa. Now that you know where the best wineries in the world are found, it is up to you to choose your destination. You can rest assured that you will have an unforgettable experience during your tour.